Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sat., July 15th...

Don Schantz opened the shop today, Sat., , just as he has done every third Saturday of the month for as long as I can remember. By 11 a.m. the shop was getting hot as an oven.

I stopped by while running errands and because I had accidently pocketed a wrench from the shop that I needed to return.

The guy from the West side that Mark has been talking to showed up, he took one or two old ten speeds, a Raleigh Grand Prix and maybe something else. I think he was going to leave a contribution but I left before he did.

Another fella came in with his son (East High School student). The dad brought in a completed volunteer form and is intending on coming in Tues +/or Thurs +/or Sat. The son will try to decide if he wants to do the Cap Times mentor program. His dad sure thought it was a good idea, but his son was doing a teen-age boy thing and not saying much.

I gave a couple bikes out on Thursday, 7/13.

On Wed., 7/12 Walt bought and applied some hornet poison to get rid of some wasps that had decided the trailer outside the shop would be a good place to nest.

That's it.

2 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger mark_evans said...

The guy from the west side...
I hoped that he (I believe his name is Tom Barry) would have contacted me before stopping in. I wonder if he pulled the old Dunelt off the ceiling, hanging above the truing stand. It's a neat old bike but a basket case. If he didn't, he will come back for it as he asked specifically about it.

I have a working sketch of a sign for the Wrench-a-thon, but implementing it will be interesting... that is, figuring out a way to truss it up so it is visible... and illuminating it.

 
At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Webb said...

Nextiva Fax uses networks and servers that are built to handle the load no matter what. And that as they say, has made all the difference in the world. The maximum infrastructure one may require is a computer, a

 

Post a Comment

<< Home